Policy 908 - Data Access Policy for Members of the Public
2020欧洲杯体育比分It is the policy of Independent School District 477 that data access will be provided to the public as stipulated by law.
A. Right to Access Public Data
2020欧洲杯体育比分The Data Practices Act (Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 13) presumes that all government data are public unless a state or federal law says the data are not public. Government data is a term that means all recorded information a government entity has, including paper, email, CD-ROMs, photographs, etc.
The Data Practices Act also provides that Princeton Public must keep all government data in a way that makes it easy to access public data. You have the right to look at (inspect), free of charge, all public data that we keep. You also have the right to get copies of public data. The Data Practices Act allows us to charge for copies. You have the right to look at data, free of charge, before deciding to request copies.
2020欧洲杯体育比分B. How to Make a Data Request
2020欧洲杯体育比分To look at data or request copies of data that Princeton Public Schools keeps, make a written request. Make your written request for data to the appropriate individual listed in the Data Practices Contacts document. You may make your written request for data by email, mail, and fax or in person with the data request form.
2020欧洲杯体育比分If you choose not to use the data request form, your written request should include:
- that you, as a member of the public, are making a request for data under the Data Practices Act, Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 13;
- whether you would like to look at the data, get copies of the data, or both; and
- a clear description of the data you would like to inspect or have copied.
2020欧洲杯体育比分Princeton Public Schools cannot require you, as a member of the public, to identify yourself or explain the reason for your data request. However, depending on how you want us to process your request (if, for example, you want us to mail you copies of data), we may need some information about you. If you choose not to give us any identifying information, we will provide you with contact information so you may check on the status of your request. In addition, please keep in mind that if we do not understand your request and have no way to contact you, we will not be able to begin processing your request.
C. How We Respond to a Data Request
2020欧洲杯体育比分Upon receiving your written request, we will work to process it.
- If we do not have the data, we will notify you in writing as soon as reasonably possible.
- If we have the data, but the data is not data for the public, we will notify you writing as soon as reasonably possible and state which specific law says the data are not public.
- Arrange a date, time, and place to inspect data, for free, if your request is to look at the data, or
- Provide you with copies of the data as soon as reasonably possible. You may choose to pick up your copies, or we will mail or fax them to you. If you want us to send you the copies, you will need to provide us with an address or fax number. We will provide electronic copies (such as email or CD- ROM) upon request if we keep the data in electronic format.
- Copy or scan charges are 25 cents per page. We also expect pre-payment for the copies. There will be a $5.00 fee for a CD-Rom.
- Reports in electronic email versions/PDF format will be charged $5.00 per file.
- Copy/Scan 25 cents per page
- CD Rom $5.00
- PDF $5.00 per request
2020欧洲杯体育比分If you do not understand some of the data (technical terminology, abbreviations, or acronyms), please let us know. We will give you an explanation if you ask.
The Data Practices Act does not require us to create or collect new data in response to a data request if we do not already have the data, or to provide data in a specific form or arrangement if we do not keep the data in that form or arrangement. (For example, if the data you request are on paper only, we are not required to create electronic documents to respond to your request.) If we agree to create data in response to your request, we will work with you on the details of your request, including cost and response time. In addition, the Data Practices Act does not require us to answer questions that are not requests for data.
D. Requests for Summary Data
2020欧洲杯体育比分Summary data are statistical records or reports that are prepared by removing all identifiers from private or confidential data on individuals. The preparation of summary data is not a means to gain access to private or confidential data. Princeton Public Schools will prepare summary data if you make your request in writing and pre-pay for the cost of creating the data. Upon receiving your written request – you may use the data request form – we will respond within ten business days with the data or details of when the data will be ready and how much we will charge. Minnesota Statutes, section 13.03, subdivision 2(b), requires us to have this document.
III. DATA PRACTICES CONTACTS
Princeton Public Schools:
Responsible Authority Superintendent
Address: 706 1st St
Princeton, MN 55371
Data Practices Designee(s) Superintendent Executive Assistant
Name: Emily McKinnon
Adopted: April 1, 2014
Reviewed: May 17, 2016
Reviewed: August 16, 2016
Revised: May 1, 2018